turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hemajays

I need to send my transcripts to uscis as request for initial evidence for processing Greencard. I just mailed amended tax return. When can I order amended tax transcript?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I need to send my transcripts to uscis as request for initial evidence for processing Greencard. I just mailed amended tax return. When can I order amended tax transcript?

An amended tax return can take 8 weeks or longer to process, after you have mailed it to the IRS.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The information from the amended return will not be available in a transcript until some time after the IRS has finished processing the amended return. The IRS says the normal processing time for an amended return is up to 16 weeks from when they receive it. Starting about 3 weeks after you mailed it you can check the status by using the "Where's My Amended Return?" tool at the following link on the IRS web site.

http://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies