Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tomsns1

I need to print an itemized depreciation schedule. How do i do that?

i need to see the assets listed and what the depreciation schedule is for 2022
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you have assets entered on a rental property or a business then there will be a Depreciation and Amortization Report included in the PDF download for the online edition tax returns.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2023 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

You need to be using a desktop version of TurboTax in order to get the actual depreciation schedule.

The screenshot below is from a desktop version of TurboTax.

Untitled.png

The actual Form 4562 that is filed with your return is just a Summary of the Depreciation for the current year and only lists out the new assets and not the prior the items. You may have a 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report which does list all the items including fully depreciated items.

If you don't have the 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report or need more info you need the Asset Life History. The history is only available in the Desktop program not the Online version. If you are using the Online version you would have to download your .tax2023 file and open it in the desktop program.

Using the Desktop program you can get an Asset Life History worksheet but you have to do it in Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right (upper left for Mac) You can't get detailed worksheet showing all the assets but you can get the Asset Life History on each one. It doesn't print out with your return or save in the pdf. So you have to print each Asset Life History individually.

Scroll down the list of forms in your return to a Asset Entry or Asset Worksheet and open it. Then down on line 14 is a QuickZoom button to Asset Life History, Click on that.

See my 2 screen shots on this one
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-how-come-my-rental-depreciati...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies