Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to obtain W2's from the years of 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 and I am not sure where or if I worked

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I need to obtain W2's from the years of 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 and I am not sure where or if I worked

You can contact the social security administration.  There is a substantial fee for W-2 copies, unless you are applying for benefits and need to prove your eligibility.  If you just need to know what your social security wages for those years were, you can get a report for free from Social Security.

Or you can ask for a "wage and income" transcript from the IRS.  You'll have to use the paper form since the online form doesn't go back that far.  https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Angbru2

I need W-2's for myself, A. Coleman for the years 2004 & 2005. I worked with Imani Institute Leadership School. I do not know where to look or how to get copies.

Angbru2

Thanks, but social security does not have any idea.

@Angbru2 wrote:

I need W-2's for myself, A. Coleman for the years 2004 & 2005. I worked with Imani Institute Leadership School. I do not know where to look or how to get copies.

W-2's that old can only be obtained from the Social Security Administration.  The cost for each W-2 is $90 using this website - https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies