zayna2017

I need to make corrections on the health coverage I marked it wrong, I was on OHP all year and so was my son. How do I fix this? and also need to add a donation on here.

TeresaM

It depends, wait until the return is either accepted or rejected.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to modify before you resubmit. If your return is accepted, you can amend, or correct, your return if the original entries were incomplete.

You do not need to enter the details for a 1095-B form, from HOP, the way you do for a 1095-A, as it is not included in calculations for the Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962.  However, the months covered by the policy that generated the 1095-B might save you a penalty for non-coverage on the Form 8965.  So, if you checked all the months you were covered on the original return, there is no reason to amend for the 1095-B.

If you did not check all of the months it covered, and there was no exemption, then you might save some penalties by amending.  You can always enter the amend and see how it impacts the return before you decide for sure.

It is free to file your amendment and here is a TurboTax FAQ with step-by-step instructions for amending your return.