winstoncm

I need to amend a 1040EZ line 5 to check the "You" box and delete the $10,350, how do I do that in Turbo Tax?

I need to submit a 1040X for my dependent daughter who is in college and I provide for her. I need to amend line 5 to check the "You" box and delete the $10,350. How do I do that in Turbo Tax?"

MiriamF

You can change your daughter's status to "dependent" under the Personal Info section.

When you file your amended return, in order to report that you were a dependent, follow these steps: 

1.       Open your TurboTax return. 

2.       Select the Personal Info tab. 

3.       Click the Edit icon beside your daughter's name. 

4.       Scroll down the page to item 3. A few other things we need to know.  Check Yes beside someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return. (See the screenshot below.) 

MiriamF

1.       Open your TurboTax return. 

2.       Select the Personal Info tab.