I need a further extension past Oct 15th for my 20...

joebulfer

I need a further extension past Oct 15th for my 2019 return. How do I do that on Turbotax

I need help.  How can I request an additional tax extension past Oct 15, 2020 for 2019 taxes.
Bsch4477

There is no further extension. File as promptly as you can. 

There are no second extensions.  You will just be late.  E-filing and online tax preparation shut down after the deadline tonight, so in order to finish preparing your return you will need to download the desktop (CD/download) software to finish entering your data.  Your return will have to be printed,  signed and mailed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.

An the extension is only to file your return.  Any tax due was still due by July 15.  If you are getting a refund there is no penalty.  You have 3 years to file for a refund.