If you haven't filed, then you can add another W-2 by following the steps below:
- Sign into TurboTax online
- Click Take me to my return
- Choose the Federal tab if you are not already there
- On the Income and Expenses tab, you can click Add/Edit next to the W-2 section.
- You can then add another W-2, by clicking the option Add a W-2.
If you want to file an amended tax return after IRS accepted your tax return due to a missing W-2, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail.
To amend a 2016 return, follow the steps in the article below:
Still have questions?Make a post