turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I missed a w2 when i filled my taxes.

1 Reply
New Member

I missed a w2 when i filled my taxes.

If you haven't filed, then you can add another W-2 by following the steps below:

  • Sign into TurboTax online
  • Click Take me to my return
  • Choose the Federal tab if you are not already there
  • On the Income and Expenses tab, you can click Add/Edit next to the W-2 section. 
  • You can then add another W-2, by clicking the option Add a W-2.

If you want to file an amended tax return after IRS accepted your tax return due to a missing W-2, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail.

To amend a 2016 return, follow the steps in the article below: 


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies