Solved: I mailed my amended 2018 tax return, but I acciden...

I mailed my amended 2018 tax return, but I accidentally did not attach form 8453

I entered a stock sale summary when filing. I see that I have to attach form 8453 and my 1099-B forms. My problem is that I have already mailed my amended return for 2018, but I didn't attach the forms on it. The return wasn't accepted/rejected yet since I just recently mailed it. Is there anything I can do to prevent issues? I'm hoping that I don't have to wait 3 months for a rejection so I could then re-amend my return.

Form 8453 is used when you e-file. You did not e-file since amended returns can't be e-filed.

There's nothing you can do to intercept your amended income tax return. You'll have to wait for them to process it then you'll get a letter requesting the 1099-B information. There will be a delay.

• If you want to try and call the IRS, the phone number is 1-800-829-1040.