Globalizer

I mailed both my Federal and state returns very early in March. I've gone to the IRS site and filled in the information for "Where's My Refund." Did they not get return?

They will not confirm that it was received. Also, I have yet to get my refund even though it has been six weeks.

CassLO

It's very possible that they may have it but just not started reviewing/processing it yet, due to limited staff right now. Until they do, you won't find it in their system when you try to track it. Allow them a couple more weeks and then call them when the IRS reopens the phone lines.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Note: 

You will need to follow the prompts in order to speak to an IRS agent. There is a high call volume this time of year.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.  

CassLO

The IRS asks you wait 4 weeks after you mail your return before looking up your refund at Where's My Refund?. 

You can also check your tax transcripts by going here: Welcome to Get Transcript

If you don't have an account, you will need to set one up. Then you'll be able to see what is going on with your taxes and if they got your form, etc.

Also, be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

Please see the links below for more information:

Globalizer

For CassLO: Thank you for your help. It will be six weeks this Thursday (April 16) since I mailed both my Federal and State returns. In your response, you said the IRS asks one to wait four week before checking "Where's My Refund." I checked the status of my return on the transcript site and they don't have a record of anything being received for 2019. I handed my return to the USPS mail clerk who affixed the correct postage, etc. At the same time, I handed him my state return. I haven't heard from them either. At this point, I'll keep waiting since returns aren't due now until July 15. If nothing shows up, should I print and mail my returns again?

Thank you.

CassLO

Note: 

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3