Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Joshica1027
Returning Member

I mailed an amended return that I forgot to file after I filed my taxes but I never got my tax return back please help

I forgot to file a tax return after I already filed I submitted the amended form and the actual tax form from the job cuz I couldn't figure out how to feel fill it out and I don't know what to do and I never received my payment from the tax return what do I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I mailed an amended return that I forgot to file after I filed my taxes but I never got my tax return back please help

If you mailed in any paper to the IRS, you must wait until they respond to you. Maybe in January.

@Joshica1027 Your post is pretty confusing--we cannot tell what you actually did with those tax returns.  It is not clear when or how you filed your original tax return, or why and when you amended that return.  You are supposed to wait until the first return has been fully processed before you send in an amended return or it can cause confusion and delays in processing your return.

Any kind of mailed tax returns are very delayed.  Mailed returns piled up in trailers at the IRS during the pandemic. They are working on opening over 11 million pieces of mail, so if you mailed something it could still be in a pile.  There will not be any information about whatever you mailed until a human opens your envelope and enters the information into the system.  

You can watch for updates on the IRS site--but it might be quite awhile.  

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

And for the amended return (if you amended correctly--which we are not sure of...)

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies