Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I made a mistake I worked at restaurant and grocery store. And I was a senior in high school. Only need standard deduction

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I made a mistake I worked at restaurant and grocery store. And I was a senior in high school. Only need standard deduction

What mistake did you make?  We cannot see your screen or your tax return.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Did you get a W2 from each job?  What mistake?

You don't have to file if you only have W2 income under 12,950 but you can file to get back any withholding taken out in boxes 2 or 17.  But you don't get boxes 4 or 6 back.  If you got a 1099Misc or 1099NEC you have to file it as self employment income no matter how small the amount.

Filing requirements for a dependent

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/children-dependents/help/do-i-need-to-file-my-own-taxes-if-i-m-a-d...

The Standard Deduction for an individual for whom an exemption can be claimed on another person's tax return is limited to the greater of:

…..$1,150 or

…..Your earned income for the year + $400 (but not more than 12,950))

So you would get a minimum of $1,150.

Did you file your return?   Did you check the box that says you can be claimed on someone else’s return?  You can be claimed on your parent's return if you are under 24 and a full time student. If you didn't say you were a dependent then your parent's return would reject.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies