Thymes2

I'm trying to use direct pay (payment deducted from my checking account) but the link is saying there are technical difficulties. Does this mean try again later?

Any experience with direct pay.  I have a link but after going through the process, it says it is having technical difficulties...

PaulaM

See this link for different payment link options.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/ways-to-pay-your-tax-bill

williamrockwell

I am having the same problem.  The IRS told me they have no troubleshooting or technical assistance.  They wont even discount the sign up (from $146 to $31) when told about this problem.  I have tried it with Chrome and with Internet Explorer with the same error message.  

My suspicion is that its one bit of information from the previous fill out menus that is interrupting the success.  Might be a middle initial or a period that doesnt coordinate.  If others have any suggestions, please present them.  Thanks