turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to get into the 1099-int section of Turbotax Self-Employed. Turbotax just keeps returning me to "Your income and expenses". Has anyone else seen that and found a way to fix?

I just want to edit the interest I have from 1099-INT and the "Edit/Add" button just doesn't work.  I've tried it on Chrome and Firefox in case it's a browser issue.  Same result.  I've also deleted the two 1099-INT forms I had previously entered.  Still can't get in.  This is for the current year's (2021) return.  Hmm...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I'm trying to get into the 1099-int section of Turbotax Self-Employed. Turbotax just keeps returning me to "Your income and expenses". Has anyone else seen that and found a way to fix?

For interest income you 'received", correct?

I'm not the best person to answer this, but I think you have to click into the Personal taxes tab  (left-side on the Online software browser screen) , to get to that income section.

I think @xmasbaby0 m is more knowledgeable about SE version navigation than I am.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Yes----click into the Personal section.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you both for the replies!  However, it's not "finding" the place to enter the information that is the difficulty.  The trouble is that when I click on the "edit/Add" button of that section, it simply doesn't work.  Now that the online support folks are supposed to be available, I'll give them a shout too.

Thanks again, and I'll provide an update here if/when it's resolved.  I'm very much hoping the advice isn't to delete my return and start over!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. You may need to clear your cache and cookies from your browser and then shut down and reboot. This works well quite often. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried all the suggestions - yours and that of TurboTax support - but to no avail.  The issue is in fact still with the Support folks, but I've waited long enough and will just delete my return and start over, something I was trying to avoid but don't want to wait any longer.  Thanks for your quick responses!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies