ariana105

I'm trying to download my federal and state tax returns so I can print them off, but when I click the download button, it only gives me the paperwork I need for federal

Alma

To view and print Form 1040, you will need to get back into the tax preparation to do this, please follow the instructions below:

•     Log into your TurboTax account that you filed your return from

•     Click on My TurboTax at the upper left top of the page
  •     Click on My Tax Timeline
  •     Look under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return status)
  •     Click on Add a State (this is to get in to your return)
  •     Once in your return, click on the My Account at the top of the page on the right
  •     Click on Print Center to view and print your return and filing instructions (select all forms and worksheets)
    This section will have the most updated version of everything you've done up to this point and will give you the option to download and print both your Federal and State return's. The instructions included will let you know what to send in and where if necessary, keep an eye out for forms that indicate that a signature is required.

Alma

•     Click on My Tax Timeline
mccarn

This is not working. When I log in, there is not a "My Turbo Tax" button to link on.

If you're getting incomplete documents when you view/print at the Tax Home, here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.