turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leonxlin

I'm at almost the last stage of submitting an amended return, but TurboTax keeps telling me I need to "correct" my payment date.

It's 2021 and I'm amending my 2019 return. I get to the last stage where it says "Ready to efile". But then it says "a couple little things" "need fixing", or else I have to File by Mail (which I don't want). When I click "Fix Federal Return", I am instructed to "Correct Your Payment Date" to be before 07/15/2020, which is impossible since I am amending my return in 2021. The page also has the incorrect amount to be withdrawn from my account. The amount that it says will be withdrawn includes what I already paid in 2020. (The number at the top of the page next to "FEDERAL TAX DUE" instead has the correct smaller amount owed.)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I'm at almost the last stage of submitting an amended return, but TurboTax keeps telling me I need to "correct" my payment date.

A 2019 amended tax return cannot be e-filed, it can only be printed and mailed.

Go to the File section of the program and change your method of filing from E-file to File by Mail

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You cannot pay by direct debit on an amended return. Mail a check with the amended return, or mail the return and use Direct Pay on the IRS web site to have the payment withdrawn from your bank account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies