leonxlin

I'm at almost the last stage of submitting an amended return, but TurboTax keeps telling me I need to "correct" my payment date.

It's 2021 and I'm amending my 2019 return. I get to the last stage where it says "Ready to efile". But then it says "a couple little things" "need fixing", or else I have to File by Mail (which I don't want). When I click "Fix Federal Return", I am instructed to "Correct Your Payment Date" to be before 07/15/2020, which is impossible since I am amending my return in 2021. The page also has the incorrect amount to be withdrawn from my account. The amount that it says will be withdrawn includes what I already paid in 2020. (The number at the top of the page next to "FEDERAL TAX DUE" instead has the correct smaller amount owed.)

A 2019 amended tax return cannot be e-filed, it can only be printed and mailed.

Go to the File section of the program and change your method of filing from E-file to File by Mail

rjs

You cannot pay by direct debit on an amended return. Mail a check with the amended return, or mail the return and use Direct Pay on the IRS web site to have the payment withdrawn from your bank account.