Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

morkare

I'm amending my tax return and I received a few blank forms along with my print.

So just to clarify, I'm amending my 2017 tax return, with my federal tax return and my state tax return which just seems like some school tax stuff. Anyway, I got two sets of the "form 1040 U.S. individual income tax return"  which are with unfilled information. Do I need to fill these out since there's already papers from my amend that state a lot of the information on these forms or do I still need to fill out the blank forms? Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm amending my tax return and I received a few blank forms along with my print.

I'm uncertain why blank Forms 1040 were included in the forms you printed. In any case, you may discard the blank Forms 1040. The amounts from your original Form 1040 should actually already be reported on Form 1040X Column A.

However, if you have not received the refunds you originally filed for or paid taxes owed, then you should wait until those transactions occur because the IRS and/or state department(s) of revenue may determine the change you need to make and may not want you to file amended tax returns and instead provide instructions how they want you to proceed.

Further, TurboTax calculates your amended tax refunds or taxes owed based on the assumption you already received the refunds you originally filed for or paid taxes owed. Thus, if you don't actually receive the original refund(s) you filed for or need to adjust the amount(s), please keep that in mind when you actually amend your tax returns. Please review the following TurboTax FAQs and the embedded links under Related Information on each webpage for more information:

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I'm uncertain why blank Forms 1040 were included in the forms you printed. In any case, you may discard the blank Forms 1040. The amounts from your original Form 1040 should actually already be reported on Form 1040X Column A.

However, if you have not received the refunds you originally filed for or paid taxes owed, then you should wait until those transactions occur because the IRS and/or state department(s) of revenue may determine the change you need to make and may not want you to file amended tax returns and instead provide instructions how they want you to proceed.

Further, TurboTax calculates your amended tax refunds or taxes owed based on the assumption you already received the refunds you originally filed for or paid taxes owed. Thus, if you don't actually receive the original refund(s) you filed for or need to adjust the amount(s), please keep that in mind when you actually amend your tax returns. Please review the following TurboTax FAQs and the embedded links under Related Information on each webpage for more information:

morkare

Hi Edward, thanks for the quick response! 🙂 I have received my refund already and the 1040x does have information. I'm safely assuming my federal tax amend is ok, but for my state school tax my "Ohio SD 100" is all filled out with information and the Ohio IT 1040 all has information and that too printed 2 blank 1040 forms from my turbo tax amend. Would it also be safe to assume I can shred these? Thank you so much!

You may discard blank OH IT 1040 forms and/or blank OH SD 100 forms.
link5

I'm getting ready to print out my 1040X.  In the print preview the forms are filled but when I print it out the forms are blank.  I installed the new adobe, but still having that issue.

when i try and print downloaded pdf file all that prints are the forns not the info

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you saved the file, was it done from Turbo Tax Online or Turbo Tax Desktop?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies