Solved: I keep getting bumped to ?'s unlike mine. I filed state & fed, some pprwk is still needed for state to file. Will my fed taxes still be filed?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting bumped to ?'s unlike mine. I filed state & fed, some pprwk is still needed for state to file. Will my fed taxes still be filed?

I've tried several times to ask my question, but I keep getting bounced around to questions aren't even like mine.
I filed state & fed taxes & some state pprwk is still needed & will be unavailable until 1/27 for my state to file. Will my fed taxes still be filed?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

I keep getting bumped to ?'s unlike mine. I filed state & fed, some pprwk is still needed for state to file. Will my fed taxes still be filed?

Yes - assuming you have gone through the e-filing process in your return - your Federal return will be e-filed.  Then on 1/27, you can log back into your account and finish your state filing.  

If you have filed and are worried because you haven't heard anything yet - with the exception of a small test batch processed about a week ago, the IRS just began processing tax returns today (Jan 23rd).  You should receive notification within 48 hours of today and you can check your e-file status by logging into your account or using the link below.  (You will also get email notification when it occurs)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 7

Yes - assuming you have gone through the e-filing process in your return - your Federal return will be e-filed.  Then on 1/27, you can log back into your account and finish your state filing.  

If you have filed and are worried because you haven't heard anything yet - with the exception of a small test batch processed about a week ago, the IRS just began processing tax returns today (Jan 23rd).  You should receive notification within 48 hours of today and you can check your e-file status by logging into your account or using the link below.  (You will also get email notification when it occurs)

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate your help, I've been trying to get someones take on this for 2 days & it's been very frustration. It's relieving to final have an answer. Again thank you 🙂
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings