dollarbill425

I just received my second stimulus (February 3 2021), should I still claim it on my 2020 taxes or 2021 taxes since it was so late?

The stimulus payments are an advance tax credit for the 2020 federal tax return.  Both payments are reported on a 2020 federal tax return.

The stimulus questions are asked in the Federal Review section of the TurboTax program.  Any payment you were eligible to receive based on the 2020 Federal tax return but did not receive will be entered on the Federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30 as a tax credit.  The credit is included in the federal tax refund or it will reduce the amount of federal taxes owed.

dollarbill425

Thank you!