mttsky

I just filed with turbotax. Now I need to file for a trust (and get our K-1). How do I use turbotax to file taxes for our trust if I am using a Mac computer?

tagteam

"How do I use turbotax to file taxes for our trust if I am using a Mac computer?"

The TurboTax software capable of preparing an income tax return for a trust, TurboTax Business, will not run natively on a Mac and there is no online version.

For those who own only Mac computers, perhaps the least expensive, and most expedient way, to run TurboTax Business would be to buy a cheap PC laptop, which can be had for $200 and often less.

tagteam

mttsky

Actually it was easier to move over to a competitor’s software. Very disappointed in TurboTax.
tagteam

Yes, one company does offer an online 1041 preparation product.