Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I just filed my taxes but I think I need to file a schedule c as well.

I only had losses for my single owner LLC, do I still need to file a schedule c? I don't see any option inside turbotax to do that.
1 Reply
Level 7

I just filed my taxes but I think I need to file a schedule c as well.

Your single member LLC is considered a "disregarded entity" by the IRS (unless you filed an election to be treated as an S-Corp).  As a disregarded entity you would file your business income and expenses on Schedule C, as a part of your personal return.  If you have already filed and have business expenses to deduct, you will need to file an amended return.  You will need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed in order to deduct business expenses on Schedule C.  Since you didn't have any self-employment income, your expenses will result in a net-loss, which can reduce other ordinary income (such as W-2 earnings).  To file an amended return, please see the following FAQ:

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies