Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DavidinPS
Returning Member

I just efiled my federal and state taxes and it was rejected by the IRS within 10 minutes

It appears it is something to do with Turbo Tax. 

The sum of all forms W-2s "WagesAmt" must not be greater than the sum of ["WagesSalariesandTipsAmt in the return and (sum of all Schedule C (Form 1040), 'TotalGrossReceiptsAmt' when 'StatutoryEmployeefromW2Ind' is checked)] unless form 8958 or form 8839 is present in the return. When evaluating this, a tolerance of $5.00 is allowed. 

This return cannot be electronically filed due to a processing error related to the Other Income items listed on 1040 Schedule 1 Line 8.

The issue will be resolved, but there is currently no estimated date for when the update will be available. You have two options:

1) You may wait a few weeks and attempt to resubmit this return, or 

2) You may print and file the return by mail.

This message will be updated when a resolution date is identified. 

So now I wait. No explanation as to what happens if I print and file the return by mail - assuming the IRS may still reject it after I paid Intuit for the software and the state submission.  

Add to this that I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Intuit support today to pay the $20 for state filing because their software created an infinite loop to have me continuously change my password. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I just efiled my federal and state taxes and it was rejected by the IRS within 10 minutes

I am also having this filing error.  There is another thread here where it's been reported to be an IRS issue.  See here:  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/description-of-error-the-sum-of-all-form-w-2...

Do you have any update that you can share?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies