Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

m-stec

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

Agreed.
perdue603

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

My 60 days is up on the 18th of May.. has anyone received a refund after getting the 60 day notice?

I woke up this morning with my bars back and a DD date. 80 days from start to finish if my DD date is correct. There is hope. Good luck everyone.

BTW. The answer is yes. I got the 45 day AND 60 day letters. Mind you, I have a date for Friday. It's not there yet, so I'm not counting my chickens, but if it happens I would be someone who got the letters, the review, the hold AND the refund.
perdue603

When was your 60 day review up.. i still dont have anything.. you will have to keep us updated..lol

I have actual idea, my guess was May 12th or May 13th. My 60 letter was dated March 13th and my 45 day letter was dated March 11th.  So my date for the 45 days was around April 25th or April 26th. So IF my deposit goes in on Friday, I'll be before either of those anticipated dates.
Next year...... I'll know to think 3 months vs 2 weeks. 😉
PS, my calculation of 80 days total is from when TT said I was accepted by IRS on 1/28.
Also, @m.stec  coincidentally, TT deducted their fee from my checking account this morning. :(

I just checked mine as well and its still says"we cannot provide any information about your refund" so from what i heard they update every wednesday so hoping ill have my bars back and a delivery date on Wednesday next week. I dont have any money in my account for TT to be able to take the fee so they will have to wait. My acceptance day was feb 3rd from TT. Keep us updated y'all. And thank u debskain.

You are welcome. I feel all of your pain. The TT $$ was a struggle for me. I had to seriously juggle so that the $$ was there when they said they would take it. TT emailed me to say they would deduct monies on the 12th. They actually took it today 5 days later on the 17th.

@bblake4104  on the WMR site you don't have a "being processed" or "still being processed"?
Do you have any info on the left side?
Have you asked for your transcripts to look at the codes?

No. Thats what it says on wmr. We cannot provide any information on tax return. And when i call they said i have to wait first the 9 weeks for verification. And then while waiting got a letter that says they need 60 more days to process. And i may or may not get my taxes at the end of that time.

Request your transcripts. I had to get mine via snail mail takes about 5 days. You'll get codes. Ask for both of the two options. The codes will not tell you when you'll get your return, but the codes will give you a clue as to what is happening.

Those getting may dates what day was your refund accepted mine was accepted Jan 29th... I got my 90 day letter around March 13th but have not received a update on WMR yet.

@mfennell81 You got a 90 day letter? Did you look at your transcripts? Transcripts won't give exact answers but the codes give you clues as to progression of your return.

Mine was accepted on 01/30. Received my first letter on March 18, and my second on March 21 with a date set for May 2nd. I haven’t had any updates since. I’m just waiting out the period until the date is over.

Your first letter was a week after mine. Maybe you'll see a change Wednesday the 24th?
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies