sterrett-kelsey

I just amended my return to include a 1095a. I now owe an additional $300, but TurboTax did not prompt me to pay the difference. How can I re-file and pay what I owe?

CapB

Although you can prepare an amendment online, it is not possible to e-file an amendment. The IRS does not allow amendments to be submitted electronically; amended returns must be mailed.

Wait  for your original return to be accepted by the IRS before printing, signing, and mailing your amended return.

If you owe, include a check or money order for taxes owed when you mail your amendment. You can also pay any federal taxes due at www.irs.gov/payments.

You can track your amended return 3 weeks after you mail your amendment using the IRS tracking system. See FAQ below to track your amended return.

CapB