patsully912

I haven't filed, but noticed the state was selected wrong for College. Do I need to amend my unfilled taxes?

I noticed that the college state was incorrect (AR instead of AZ). I selected mailing, but unsure if I need to amend my taxes that haven't been sent off yet?

Carl

If you have not e-filed your return and it has not been accepted by the IRS, then under no circumstances do you click the AMEND button. There are no exceptions.

You only amend a return *AFTER* you have e-filed it and the IRS has accepted it. Even then, you still do not amend until after your e-filed and accepted return has been processed completely, and you have physical possession of any refund you may be expecting on that originally e-filed and accepted return.

Since you have not e-filed, just navigate through the program and make whatever changes you need to make.