rglogan

I have to mail my return. I only have electronic versions of my W-2 form. Can I just print the online version of my W-2 and submit that?

Because one of my W-2 forms shows $0 salary (but some HSA contribution), that seems to cause me to lose my ability to efile.   So I need to mail in a return.   But I have always instructed my employer to send me electronic W-2 forms.   Do I need to go back to my employer now and request original paper W-2 forms to submit with my return?

MaryK1

Yes, you can send a printed copy of the online W2 because it is required to have the information as reported to the IRS.  You do not have to ask your employer to create one for you.

MaryK1