Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filed my 2018 Federal return (and rec'd the refund) but need to amend it. I have not filed my State. Do I file State using 1040 or 1040X info?

Shortly after filing my 2018 1040 I received a 1099 that was was supposed to start 1/1/19 but was paid electronically on 12/31/18 so I now need to go back and amend my 1040 return.  I have not filed my State taxes yet. 

Do I file State based on what was on my 1040 or wait to complete the 1040X and file State off that data (I had zero return on State under 1040 but have a few dollars of refund coming under the 1040X)?.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have filed my 2018 Federal return (and rec'd the refund) but need to amend it. I have not filed my State. Do I file State using 1040 or 1040X info?

Do the Amended Federal return and then file the State return.  So no Amended State return.

As long as you do the Federal Amended before the due date of the state return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Do the Amended Federal return and then file the State return.  So no Amended State return.

As long as you do the Federal Amended before the due date of the state return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies