bigldiesel

I have entered all of the information for my 403b (boxes 12a and 12b) from my W2; none of this appears on my prepared tax return (3rd year in a row). Why is this?

I have entered all of the information exactly as printed on my W2 into the system; However the information for my 403b is not reflected on my prepared tax return (for the third year in a row.)
KenH1

Your 403b contributions usually won't appear anywhere on your return.  Your taxable wages reported in box 1 have been reduced by your 403b contributions reported in box 12.  This has the same effect as a tax deduction.

If you qualify for the Saver's Credit, the software would generate a form 8880 and an entry on line 51 of your 1040.