turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

njdd33

I have eFiled my return already, but I have not submitted a form 1098-T I have. Will that affect me in some way? I am a resident alien.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

I have eFiled my return already, but I have not submitted a form 1098-T I have. Will that affect me in some way? I am a resident alien.

what do you mean "not submitted" ?   IRS gets a copy of the form anyways.

Or did you mean you did not enter into TurboTax?

njdd33

That's it, I have not entered it into TurboTax... What can I do?
pk
Level 15
Level 15

if IRS has already accepted your return for processing, you should hold still till your refund is issued ( or you confirm that the processing is finished  -- about four weeks or less ). Thereafter you can amend your return to show the effects of 1098-T and mail the 1040-X to the IRS.  Which country are you from?  When did you enter this country and with what visa? what is your visa now ?
njdd33

Yes, I got an email from TurboTax saying my tax return was accepted by the IRS. I am from Peru, and I came here on an F1 visa back in 2012. Thank you so much for your answer! Can I amend my return through TurboTax too?
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Yes , you should be able to use TurboTax to amend your return.  Bien venidos a EEUA
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies