turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

henderson

I have completed my 2016 federal and state returns and e-filed them. I have Turbo Tax Deluxe. Am I entitled to use this program to file a return for my grandson?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have completed my 2016 federal and state returns and e-filed them. I have Turbo Tax Deluxe. Am I entitled to use this program to file a return for my grandson?

Are you using the Deluxe Online version or the installed Desktop program?  If you have the Desktop CD/Download program you can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free.

Do you see My Account at the top of your return or is the federal & state refund boxes at the top?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Are you using the Deluxe Online version or the installed Desktop program?  If you have the Desktop CD/Download program you can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free.

Do you see My Account at the top of your return or is the federal & state refund boxes at the top?
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, you can prepare only one Federal return for each TurboTax account. In the future, you may consider using TurboTax Deluxe CD/Download to install on your own computer. This version allows you to prepare as many Federal returns as you like, and e-file up to five (5) returns for free.

In order to prepare another return using TurboTax Online, you will need to create another account. In order to keep the two returns separate, use a different user name and password for the new account.

Follow these steps to create a new login:

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the other return and continue.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the other return.
    • You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for this return.
    • Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
  4. After you've created the new account, you can start working on the other return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies