I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
I suspect the IRS froze it because you (or someone else) tried to access it too many times. Call the IRS for assistance
IRS: 800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Listen to each menu before making the selection.
First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
- Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
- Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
- Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
- Then press 3 "for all other questions."
- Then press 2 "for all other questions." It should then transfer you to an agent,