turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

I have been trying to access my tax account on IRS.gov for 3 months now. It keeps telling me my account has been disabled. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

43 Replies
Bees
Level 7

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office">https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-...
Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
Nurseroco

Same thing has happened to me. I just want to pay it off. On hold with IRS for 13 minutes now. We tried my husband and his info worked, however his cell phone is a work phone so the last step didn’t work. So frustrating

i entered the correct information an the irs still did not give me my transcripts

Just received activation code. Have tried logging in to online service account multiple times using latest Chrome browser -- never goes past the spinning wheel "Loading..." page. Switched to IE 11 which works fine.

Just received activation code. Have tried logging in to online service account multiple times using latest Chrome browser -- never goes past the spinning wheel "Loading..." page. Switched to IE 11 which works fine.

I suspect the IRS froze it because you (or someone else) tried to access it too many times. Call the IRS for assistance

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, 

Also, per the IRS: Safari users on iOS and macOS may experience problems when creating an account. If you encounter an error, please try a different browser.

I just got off the phone with the IRS.  They were unable to help.  Said it was not their responsibility.   And yes - I have tried Google Chrome.

Try setting up a new account with a different password.

I can't even get to the point to create a password.    

Call the IRS back and ask to speak to a supervisor.

I am having the same issue. I tried to login and it asked me for additional verification, meaning an account number to credit card, mortgage, etc. I attempted with my auto account number as well as two different credit cards (not debit). All accounts are well established - not new - however, the site would not accept and now I am locked out with the same registration error. The site says to attempt in 24 hours - I waited 3 days so far but still cannot access. There is no technical help at the IRS apparently. This is terribly frustrating - they ask for something that they do not accept, then lock me out of my account 😕

I just tried this and she basically told me to get lost and call the number on the account disabled page.  The number on the account disabled page just tells me to go online and search for my problem. uhm

My account was disabled "for my protection" in 2015.  Despite my efforts (including many of the suggestions listed above) the account cannot be re-activated for an indefinite period of time, perhaps never.  No further explanation can be provided to me, and no other remedies appear to exist.  
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies