Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 1year old a 5 year old and two 11year olds how much will my advance payments be?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I have a 1year old a 5 year old and two 11year olds how much will my advance payments be?

You are not going to get any more "advance" payments.   "Advance" means ahead of time.   The advance child tax credit payments were sent out between July and December--which are over.   If you did not receive any of the child tax credit payments in advance during that time, then you can get the full amount of the child tax credit as part of your refund on your 2021 tax return.

The full amount---if you did not receive any advance payments last year---is $3600 per child under the age of 6, and $3000 per child age 6 to 17.

When you enter your children as dependents in My Info the software will calculate the CTC and it will end up on line 28 of your Form 1040.   If you did receive any payments from July to December, you should have letter 6419.   You will need to enter the amount from that letter to show how much you received already.

Federal>Deductions and Credits>You and Your Family>Child Tax Credit

The IRS is sending out letter 6419 to you.  It will show the amount of advance child tax credit that you received during 2021.  Enter the information from that letter carefully.   

The remaining amount of CTC that you can receive will show up on line 28 of your 2021 Form 1040.   Then it will calculate down to the refund you see on line 35a or the tax due on line 37.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

NOTE:   The CTC is indeed a “credit” that can be applied toward any tax liability that you would otherwise have to pay as “tax due”  to the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies