Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

higuys3

I had two w-2’s, were they filed at the same time

I had two jobs in the same year, how do I file two w-2’s
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Every 2019 W-2 that you received must be reported on your 2019 tax return, even if they are for small amounts.  Remember that each one of those W-2’s has your Social Security number on it, and that income was reported to the IRS by the employer.  You do not want to get in trouble with the IRS for under-reporting your income.

ALL of your W-2’s must be entered on the SAME tax return.  After you enter the first one, you click Add Another W-2.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

All 2019 W-2's received must be entered on only one tax return.  Only one 2019 tax return can be filed.

If you have already filed the 2019 tax return and need to add another W-2, the the tax return that was filed will have to be amended.

If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change, add or delete information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.

If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies