I had gotten my taxes and filed for the recovery r...

datakron

I had gotten my taxes and filed for the recovery rebate credit because I did not see a second stimulus in the mail until a day after I had already did my taxes so my question is can I still cash my se

Second stimulus payment and will they change it on my taxes
LenaH

Yes. You can cash your stimulus check. If your e-file is still pending, you won't be able to make changes to your return until the IRS either accepts or rejects it. It is likely that the IRS will reject your return due to incorrect input of your stimulus payments. If they don't, it is possible your refund/amount due will be automatically adjusted based on the stimulus money you received in 2020. 

If your return is not rejected, you will have to amend your return. To do so, please follow the directions on the How do I amend my 2020 return?

After you click to amend your return, you can follow these steps in TurboTax to reenter your answers:

1. With your return open, search for stimulus with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
  2. Select the Jump to Stimulus in the search results to directly go to correct TurboTax page.
  3. Follow the on screen instructions and reenter the correct information. 

NEW - YOU CAN GET IT BACK!

If you filed and claimed the Recovery rebate credit and then received the full Stimulus payments you can call it back and update your return so it isn't delayed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-ve-already-claimed-the-recovery-rebate-credit-ho...