Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a letter from department of revenue saying I didn’t file a w2 but I checked and it was filed what do I need to do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I got a letter from department of revenue saying I didn’t file a w2 but I checked and it was filed what do I need to do

Was that form in the original return ?   Or did you add it after you filed ?  Or did you amend the return but never mailed it ?

If the income was on the original return then review the IRS notice carefully ... if they are wrong then try calling the number on the notice and hopefully a phone call can fix this mistake.   If not you should follow the notice instructions ... look for the "I DON"T AGREE" option and write a note explaining why you think they are incorrect and send a copy of the return with a copy of all the W-2 docs to support your position. 

lettylynn

I filed with turbo tax last year. IRS sent a letter stating we didn’t file

@lettylynn  When did you efile?  

Maybe it Rejected.  When you log into your account you should see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Did you get the first email saying it was submitted?  When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies