Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhockenberry711
Returning Member

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

The IRS uses reference code 9001 to indicate a "Systemic error/issue". In other words, it's likely not a problem with your return. Take a deep breath, wait a day or two, then try again.

View solution in original post

632 Replies

The IRS uses reference code 9001 to indicate a "Systemic error/issue". In other words, it's likely not a problem with your return. Take a deep breath, wait a day or two, then try again.

The IRS e-file system has "polled" some tax returns early for testing prior to opening the tax season on Jan 28.  The have said that such early returns WILL NOT be entered into the main IRS processing system until after Jan 28 so do not expect to see anything prior to that.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I filed my taxes on the 29th it was accepted by the it's 2 days later it's saying they can't give me any information on my tax return and a code about 9001 what is that?
jamrod85

Mine is saying same thing
KimGem

Mines too
billyendj

Mine too and its been over 2 weeks.  Hopefully it changes soon not sure if I should call or what.  
KTKKKG
Returning Member

same here. I’m gonna give it a few days before I make a call.

I called today and they were no help I told her it says to give the two the code 9002 and what does that mean she said she doesn't know.  And to give it 3 weeks from Monday. So yeah they were no help.  I mean literally she didn't answer any of my questions

Mine says the same thing as well, I called the # that was listed today. And the lady said I should be receiving a letter 21 days after the date of Jan 28. The status isn't gonna change I don't think until after you follow the steps in the letter. Hope this helps. I want to know have anyone received this letter before and what happened?
jamrod85

I was told the same thing.....ughhhh so aggravating
jamrod85

Mine was approved 1/24.... So i dont understand why 21 days after the 28th

@jamrod85 I was approved on the 15th of Jan, but the CSR said they go off the date the IRS opened and started process. I don't know I hate that this is happening to everyone just give them a call and see what they say.

Not approved, but accepted sorry.
jamrod85

toccorap29 thank u for info..ive called like 3 times i guess its a waiting game... I was hoping to get it soon but guess have to wait for a letter.... I wonder why they have to wait 21 days to send a letter out?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies