richardwaters199

I forgot to file before the April deadline but I have and extention what do I do?

rjs

File now. The extension is good until October 16.

Did you make a payment when you filed the extension?

richardwaters199

Yes I made 100$ payment
richardwaters199

But I can’t find my exstention paper
rjs

You don't need the paper. You just have to make sure that the payment is entered in your tax return.

If you filed the extension from within TurboTax, the amount of your payment should be automatically entered in your tax return. It should be on Form 1040 line 70, or included in the total on Form 1040A line 46 or Form 1040EZ line 9, with the amount of the payment shown to the left of the total on that line. If the payment is not automatically entered, you will have to enter it yourself.

Here's how to enter the amount you paid with the extension into TurboTax.

- Click the Federal Taxes tab. (In TurboTax Home & Business click the Personal tab.)
- Click Deductions & Credits.
- Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
- On the screen "Your 2016 Deductions & Credits," scroll down to the section "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid."
- Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Other Income Taxes."
- Under the heading "Payments with Extension," click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Payment with 2016 federal extension."
richardwaters199

Can I still E-file right now??

Yes, until mid-October.
richardwaters199

Im doing payment installments but it’s saying it will take between now and 30 days to be excepted??
richardwaters199

If I do that will it still be considered filed?? And I’ll be okay??
rjs

Yes, you will be filing on time. But you will have to pay interest and penalties because you are paying late. The extension is only an extension of time to file, not an extension of time to pay. Your full payment was due April 18. The IRS will automatically add the interest and penalties to the amount that you owe.
richardwaters199

I owe like 450$