Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1951sid

I filled an amendment which gave me a different refund from the previous refund calculated by TurboTax. Should TurboTax update the new amended refund?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filled an amendment which gave me a different refund from the previous refund calculated by TurboTax. Should TurboTax update the new amended refund?

On the TurboTax Tax Home webpage the refund amount shown on the page will not change when you file an amended tax return.  It remains the same as the original refund from the the original tax return you filed.

Also, did you wait to amend until after you got the first original refund?

Then the amended return is only for the difference you get back or owe.  I think the cover sheet shows what the original return WOULD have been if you did it right the first time.

Go by the actual 1040X.  Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20.

If you used TurboTax to amend your tax return, your tax return now shows  "a different refund".

Why do you ask such a question?

@1951sid 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies