Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed taxes three weeks ago and said refund of 3100 and now reivewed my taxes today before sending and it says 0?

I have always had a return and now all of a sudden.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed taxes three weeks ago and said refund of 3100 and now reivewed my taxes today before sending and it says 0?

First----are you in the same account?   Maybe you have more than one account and are in the wrong one.

Many people have multiple TT accounts and forget how to access them.  Log out of the account you are in now.

Account Recovery

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-password

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901486-how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have

No one "filed" three weeks ago.   Do you mean that three weeks ago you entered information to prepare your tax return?   We cannot see your return, so we do not know what you were seeing then or what you are seeing now.  But there have already been some updates to the software during those weeks, which may have affected what you are seeing.   When you try to prepare your return before the software is fully ready, that can happen.   

And.....the IRS is not accepting e-files until the end of January---they begin to accept/reject returns on January 29.  So there is still time during which the software will update, forms will become available, and during which more tax documents you need might arrive.

Do not file a tax return without ALL of your income documents; you must include every 2023 W-2 on the same tax return.  Employers have until the end of January to issue W-2’s.   Wait until you have all of your W-2’s.  Clients, schools, Social Security, healthcare.gov, banks, mortgage lenders, and other financial institutions may not have tax documents available until late January/early February.  ALL of your tax documents must be entered on the same Form 1040; do not file unless you have entered everything.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

impossible to have filed 2023  3 weeks ago. Turbotax wasn't ready, Forms weren't ready and the IRS will not open e-filing until 1/29/2024.

if you filed 2022 that must be prepared using a desktop version. the IRS website for where my refund is only for 2023.

so exactly what did you do? 

How did you log back in?  Did you click on Amend?  That would reset it to zero.  You need to click on Add a State to get back in.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies