turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

Yes I agree
steve3583

After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

I filed on the 18th of feb, accepted on the 19th , 9001 code on wmr on the 20th of feb, called IRS they told me I had to verify. Verified on the 8th of March,  my return was sent back to processing on the 11th of March, and as of today no updates,  wmr still shows 9001 code,  I'm a weekly so I wont update until this weekend hopefully. Best wishes to all.

Just got my return expedited so should get an update soon finally

@cherriesplz24 what did you have to do to get it expedited

Call the tax advocate hotline

Called the IRS this am , and was told that after I verified on the 8th of March my return was sent back to the processing center to complete on the 11th. I was told keep checking wmr cause it will update. So now I know I am a weekly. So my expected update should come this weekend hopefully.
blewis02

@cherriesplz24 where can I find the tax advocate phone number

Look it up online I can’t post it on here

I filed Jan 29 got accepted same day receive my state in 8 days. Kept checking my wmr says a message with we can’t provide any info waited a couple weeks before I called they told me I should have a letter in the mail so that I can verify . I waited a month for the letter finally came I verified March 11 they told me 9weeks. Like really I’m still waiting till this day for my refund and it still says the same message. I still have no date. It’s not even saying it’s being processed. What to do ? I called the irs and told them my wmr status haven’t updated he told me give it a week it’s been passed a week but she said she pushed em through. And I have a chime card. Do anyone know how much longer I have to wait ??

@khrisjames1998 , I am going thru the same issue, I filed on the 18th of Feb on the 20th of Feb I got the we cannot message ,called IRS they sent a letter to verify mar 8th I verified that day ,on th 11th of March return was sent back to processing, since I have verified I have had no updates or anything.  So last week I got in touch with a tax advocate and told them I'm having a hardship and she told me after she looked up my return that nothing seemed to be wrong and that she will call me back this week with an update. So the advocates move fast.i would suggest contacting a tax advocate.

I’m still waiting and my verification went through March 11 I filed Jan 30th. I don’t owe anyone nor did I claim a school or child credit .. I’m really not understanding why haven’t my refund came yet and I used chime direct deposit.

I filed my taxes 2/1 with jackson hewitt office. It was accepted. Then I had to verify my identity, which I did 3/1.  It is now 4/20 and I still dont have my refund.  I got a tax advocate involved. She gave them until 4/19 to have it finished, but I got a letter in the mail today, dated 4/19 saying they needed an additional 60 days to work on my refund and send me a complete response to what action they were going to take on my account? What the what? I have verified my identity, i have verified and proven my income. I have no garnishments? How can they keep doing this. And since they tax advocate only gave them until 4/19 to have it complete, how can they say they are taking an extra 60 days? I am beyond frustrated.

My wmr finally updated too we received your refund and currently is being processed .... hopefully I’m on the way to get my money I waited for smh
shenilastevenske a few seconds a

That showed up on mine today to.  My tax advocate called and said the IRS needed me to provide them with my employers phone number so they can verify my employment. Even though I had already submitted my W-2 and my last three paystubs for the 2018. I am so aggravated.
steve3583

@stephjordan22477 did u send it in before u got the update
Manage cookies