125mph

I filed on 4/7 and owed money.. But IRS hasnt taken the money... isnt it usually posts in a day or two?

Hi,

I filed last week and the CA state already debit the money I owed. The IRS should have done the same but there's still no debit from my bank. I remember putting to pay the same day of filing. 

How do I check to confirm the date they are pulling the money?

Most likely the IRS is just backlogged in processing that. Give it some time.

SidrahA

We have the exact same issue! We filed 4/4; CA took the money but not IRS.

I have called the EFTPS they have no record of payments, asked us to contact the software /turbotax.

125mph

I contacted turbotax live help, and the agent that called me back is always clueless.. They said I need to send a check.. uh hello, I entered in the bank info and scheduled it to pay immediately..

Then she goes as long as I scheduled it immediately I'm clear and I wont be penalized..

Now I'm worried if this thing doesnt pay, I have to pay before the deadline and then suddenly there's a double pay and I have to deal with the hassle of getting my money back.

@125mph wrote:

The IRS is behind on everything this year.  Please wait at least 10 business days from the scheduled payment date.  The IRS should debit your account by then assuming your tax return was Accepted by the IRS.

The due date for federal tax returns was changed to May 17, 2021.