turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Check my status on IRS to go it has been a delay reference 1541

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

1541 is an an internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that have been "Delayed". This doesn't mean there is something wrong with your return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at this time and is behind schedule on issuing refunds. There are different reasons accounting for the 1541 reference number.

To be absolutely sure on the status of your refund, I would recommend to contact the IRS directly mention the reference the code 1541 to them. You can reach them at +1(800) 829-1040. Check Where's My Refund? as well tor tracking the refund.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mgoodwinl
Returning Member

Anyone receive refund after delay 1541

I filed on 1/18 accepted on 1/22 for the code 1541 like valentines week. Yes I was getting it then I called said I was under review didn’t get a letter. My review started 2/25 and when I checked this morning it says my return received and it’s processing
TomK
Expert Alumni

1541 is an an internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that have been "Delayed". This doesn't mean there is something wrong with your return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at this time and is behind schedule on issuing refunds. There are different reasons accounting for the 1541 reference number.

To be absolutely sure on the status of your refund, I would recommend to contact the IRS directly mention the reference the code 1541 to them. You can reach them at +1(800) 829-1040. Check Where's My Refund? as well tor tracking the refund.

I've been calling them and they always give me the same song they give everyone else. That I'm on a 45 day review and have to wait until April 19th! I filed and accepted on 1/28, got a 1541 and a transcript tc 570 on 2/16. Nothjng is updating, nothing is changing, and nobody will tell me why or what's going on or what I need to do! Should I just get a tax advisor now and let them deal with it for me?

@brianranck1 They don’t need anything from you unless you get a letter saying so you just gotta be patient. I’m sure yours will be fine.

Thanks that was a big help

@simonwhitney this has never happened to me before and I been doing my own taxes since I was 18 and I’ve never not filed a w2 ever. I think we just got randomly picked and they probably working as fast as they can.

My son were delayed  also, He finally got a letter that stated that the IRS were still processing his return and right now he do not have to do nothing. He will receive a refund  after April 15 or he will get another letter. This letter came yesterday 03-07-19.

Manage cookies