I filed my taxes on 1/27/2020. Turbotax notified m...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed my taxes on 1/27/2020. Turbotax notified me that the IRS accepted my taxes on 1/28/2020. The IRS has NO RECORD of my tax return. Turbotax won't help. Any advice?

3 Replies
Level 15

I filed my taxes on 1/27/2020. Turbotax notified me that the IRS accepted my taxes on 1/28/2020. The IRS has NO RECORD of my tax return. Turbotax won't help. Any advice?

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Thank you, but I saw this exact advice on another website and I tried 3 times this week. Every time I get to the last step I get an automated message saying "due to the nature of my call and high call volume we cannot help you today. Please try on the next business day".

Level 15

@allieabate There is no other way to find out about a federal tax refund other than contacting the IRS or use a Taxpayer Advocate.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings