pikecoman46

I filed my amended 1040 in late March, still nothing from IRS. They owe me $ Any idea about the holdup?

tagteam

If you are expecting a refund, there is a huge backlog of returns at this point. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589
pikecoman46

thanks, guess they have to add a shift to the money printing department....

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

pikecoman46

THANKS,  GOOD INFO !

pikecoman46

THANKS,  guess I have to be patient.  Regards