Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pam36536

I filed my 2020 taxes with turbo tax and they say that the irs has accepted them, but my 2020 tax transcripts on the irs website says they have no record of me filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed my 2020 taxes with turbo tax and they say that the irs has accepted them, but my 2020 tax transcripts on the irs website says they have no record of me filing?

You didn't say how long it has been since your efiled return was accepted.  

In my situation it took about a month for my 2020 return transcript to change from no record of a return to reflect the filing of a return.   I realize that's strictly anecdotal, and not everyone's situation will be the same.

You didn't mention anything about the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.  If you are sure your efiled return was accepted (which you can double-check at the Tax Home of your Online account), then what is displayed at the IRS WMR tool?

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Tips on using the IRS WMR tool:

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Until the return is PROCESSED it will not show up on the transcript site and sometimes even longer than that since the IRS is short staffed again this year and everything is taking much longer to be completed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies