Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

queentgb

I filed for direct deposit, but I put my checking account but it was my savings account. It doesn't mind to me just wondering was it going to complicate my return coming

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Jimesa

I filed for direct deposit, but I put my checking account but it was my savings account. It doesn't mind to me just wondering was it going to complicate my return coming

Not to worry! As long as you entered the correct routing number and account number, your refund will get deposited without a problem. Saying it was a checking when it was a savings account won't create an issue. 

If however, you entered the wrong account or routing number, see below to understand what happens next: 

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jimesa

Not to worry! As long as you entered the correct routing number and account number, your refund will get deposited without a problem. Saying it was a checking when it was a savings account won't create an issue. 

If however, you entered the wrong account or routing number, see below to understand what happens next: 

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies