Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone else still waiting for their NJ tax refund? I filed in early Feb. and am still waiting.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

44 Replies
ModestaL

Is anyone else still waiting for their NJ tax refund? I filed in early Feb. and am still waiting.

The New Jersey Department of Treasury started accepting refunds on March 1, 2018 due to refund fraud resulting from identify theft has increased, to protect New Jersey taxpayers. New Jersey states that, if you e-filed your return "it will generally take four weeks or more to process and validate. If you filed a paper return it can take up to 12 weeks to validate." These enhanced efforts could result in early filers experiencing a slight delay in receiving their refunds."

Go to New Jersey's Income Tax Refund Information page (click on the Online Hyperlink, then, continue) to check your refund status. It may take some time to show up in their system.

For refund-related questionscontact the New Jersey Division of Taxation at 1-800-323-4400.

leo4

NJ is by far the slowest state in the tri-state to get your return back to you....in my few years filing for NJ it has taken at least 2 months in my experience to see anything back. I too filed early Feb but they are not even processing that early so it's pointless. 2017 took 2.5 months for me... We're already getting screwed because of the SALT caps so this is just the icing on top. They are really making it difficult to justify living in NY,NJ,CT might as well move and make less money elsewhere and enjoy the lower cost of living.

NJ just started issuing 2018 refunds on March 1, 2019; and it usually takes about 30 days after that.

brother-in-law accepted 3/06 -- refunded 3/26
leo4

just thought I'd keep updating here to show how long it takes the state of NJ to pay back my interest free loan lol ...filed early Feb today is 4/12 and it's stuck in processing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed on Feb. 17th and mine still says ‘processing’. A few years ago, I didn’t receive my NJ refund until OCTOBER!
myramt3

I filed first week of Feb and I thought that it should only take 4 weeks if we filed electronically? It’s been 9 weeks and it’s stuck on processing.
babymieja

I filed mine by the end of January and mine also has been stuck in processing since it was accepted.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: My NJ refund finally moved to ‘checking for accuracy’. Then 2 days later (last Thursday), it was approved. The next day I received a date for direct deposit. Which was another week! NJ is SLOW

Think about changing your withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

@SweetieJean easier said than done !
dodong-he

I filed my NJ tax at 3/6 and still in "processing" status. So slow.
plapinta

My return was accepted 2/27, 4/29 and it's still "processing". Ridiculous
karron18

I filed February 8th and still have not received my state refund.  I received my federal refund in 21 days.  I am not sure what is going on?  I have not received a letter from their either.  Is this normal?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies