Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

I called and talked to them and they said its bc of alot of fraud and identify theft.  I have to wait for a letter that might come on the 13th but they not sure and when the letter comes I call it. It's supposed to be an identification letter.  I was like I can go to the irs place with my ID and social if it's that serious they said not without the letter.  Then after they complete the letter it will take 9 weeks to get our refund.  Smdh

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

Wow, that sucks. I know the feeling about the waiting process a couple yrs ago I filed in Feb and didn't receive my taxes until May(after verification of Identity). I don't remember ever seeing any of these codes they got floating around though. This is all new to me that's why I'm so concerned about it, like where are they coming from?
kessa75

When I called they never told me anything about a letter. She stated that a lot of people who filed early are mainly the ones seeing the 9001 message, and to basically wait the 21days then call back if there is no change. She did take a look at my taxes and said everything looked good. That was a few days ago when I called. I updated today to Path. It's crazy how things are going this year, hopefully they can get the glitches worked out soon.

kessa75 when did you file
kessa75

I filed around January 14. Accepted the 28th. Had one bar for about a week, the got the 9001 message and was on that up until today when I got the Path message.

I filed on 2/2 only 1 bar no path yet still waiting

Still getting the 9001 code my state is saying pending review does anybody knw what’s going on ?

I’m still 9001 too . I ordered my transcripts

How do you order transcripts?
kessa75

@snodnaki0989  Go to IRS.gov and you can order them online or by mail.

Ok cool. Do these transcripts tell you about your tax return bc I’ve never ordered one. I just see a lot people saying they ordered there transcripts??
kessa75

@snodnaki0989 some people say that if you can order your transcripts then your done and that the DDD is on there. I'm not 100% sure though, I've never done it, I'm just going on what I've read.

Oh ok. Well ima try and see. Thank you though. I thought maybe I was going to get an update but it’s still showing code 9001. SMH
kessa75

@snodnaki0989  I had the 9001message for about two weeks. I called the IRS and the lady told me everything was fine, and that a lot of people who filed early are seeing this message. She then told me to wait the 21days for January 28, to call back if nothing changes. I updated to the path message a few days ago. Hopefully you'll see some progress soon.
annamjett
Returning Member

ive had the 9001 code since being accepted, was able to request a transcript and it came blank and said no return was filed which is incorrect .. LOST
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies