Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scpernell

I filed 2/12, my federal was accepted 2/13. I checked on my transcripts which the income and wage transcript says "no record of return filed". What does this mean?

This is the first time this has happened. I'm not sure if I should call the IRS, as it has been 7 weeks with no progress or any kind of communication from the IRS. Everyone else that I know, with different filing status each, has gotten their returns. WMR only says "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Only difference is I became laid off last year so I have unemployment wages included. I've gotten a lot of different answers from googling this problem. Can anyone provide some insight into this issue? And what steps to take? Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed 2/12, my federal was accepted 2/13. I checked on my transcripts which the income and wage transcript says "no record of return filed". What does this mean?

If you are concerned you can call the IRS at (800) 829-1040, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. your local time. Phone traffic is heavy and it is best to try to call early in the morning and not on a Monday or Tuesday.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: What do I need if I call the IRS?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies