Solved: I entered the wrong amount from a 1099-misc form which has already been accepted by the IRS. I have finished filing the 1040X, when exactly should I send it to the IRS?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I entered the wrong amount from a 1099-misc form which has already been accepted by the IRS. I have finished filing the 1040X, when exactly should I send it to the IRS?

I’m merely concerned about whether timing is important.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I entered the wrong amount from a 1099-misc form which has already been accepted by the IRS. I have finished filing the 1040X, when exactly should I send it to the IRS?

Since your e-filed return has been accepted by the IRS, you can go ahead and send your amended return in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Since your e-filed return has been accepted by the IRS, you can go ahead and send your amended return in.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, that makes sense.
Privacy Settings